Marian & Guest's Pets
Ever since I was a child, I've had a natural and profound love and fascination towards nature and all animals. Caring for animals just comes so naturally to me that I've grown so fast as a pet sitter in Amsterdam. So much so that I've decided to dedicate my full-time to being a pet sitter.
Over the past 2 years alone, I provided boarding, pet sitting and dog walking for more than 40 different cats and dogs! I've had more than amazing reviews from all pet owners that I've worked with.
I also dedicate the time and effort every now and then to take courses and read books about how to understand and better care for pets.
In my life I have adopted three cats. One is fearful, one a misfit and one skittish.
Most people would see them as distant or unfriendly! But that's not how I see them.
To me they are very sensitive and gentle souls who just need to feel safe and loved unconditionally.
My ultimate goal is to make sure that pets are:
- Safe: gaining their trust while also respecting their boundaries and ensuring no harm comes to them.
- Healthy: taking care of their nourishment and cleanliness and noticing any subtle signs of sickness right away.
- Happy: providing fun playtime and showering them with lots of love and infinite cuddles! <3
Animals are such sensitive, pure and innocent beings that somehow manage to fill my heart with love and joy in a magical way!
Skills and qualifications
I am able to notice the subtlest signs of illness and can provide first aid and CPR. I can also administer medication orally, subcutaneously or intramuscularly. I am well capable of dealing with aggressive or fearful pets, puppies or kittens and seniors.
About Marian Pet Boarding
In pet boarding, I welcome the pets and take care of them at my place. I live with my husband, who is as passionate about pets as I am, in a cozy apartment with a big high fenced secure backyard in a safe and calm pet friendly neighborhood in Southeast Amsterdam. We have no kids and one cat.
My husband works from home as well so pets always have company even if one of us is out. Pets are never left alone for more than 3 hours. We keep our house completely pet proof and we don't give them any human food, only pet food and snacks for their own health and safety.
I introduce the pets gradually to each other using treats and toys to ease any tension. I also love to give the pets full reign of the house. Sometimes they're too scared at first so I give them their own room, leave the door ajar and check on them often until they feel safer to come out and explore in their own time. For their safety, if a pet starts showing aggressive behavior towards the others, it will be separated from the other pets but will continue to have the same love, care and attention from me.
I would like to know a couple of things about the pet before the stay such as:
- Intact or sterilized
- Medical conditions\medication (if applicable)
- Potty habits
- Barking/meowing habits
- Behavior towards other pets and people
- Any previous experience with the same required service
What I provide:
- I feed them as required
- Make sure there's always fresh drinking water for them
- Make sure their environment is always clean
- Play and cuddle with them
- I always keep the owners posted by sending them daily photos and videos of their pets.
- For dogs:
- I take them out to the backyard for potty breaks
every 2 hours.
- I let them hang out and play as much as they want
in the backyard under my supervision.
- For an additional cost, I can also take them for up
to a 30 minute walk every day for €3 per walk.
I ONLY require:
- Vet's info and pet passport
- For the health and safety of all pets, owners are required to give their pets antiflea, antitick and deworming medication before the stay.
Some services come at an additional cost such as:
- Physiotherapeutic exercise: €5.00 (per session)
- Vet visit: €25.00 (excluding vet costs)
Number of pets that will be watched at one time.
Accepted Pet Types
Accepted Pet size
Level of adult supervision.
Pets will never be left unattended
The place your pet will be if they are left unsupervised at home.
Free roam of the house
The place your pet will sleep at night.
Wherever they want
The number of potty breaks provided per day.
Full access outside
The number of walks provided per day.
The type of home I stay in.
My outdoor area size.
Marian's Pet Boarding service is located in or nearby Amsterdam, Noord-Holland. Book via PetBacker for Insurance, Payment protection & 24x7 support.
Other Services by Marian
Other Services in Amsterdam
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is PetBacker?
PetBacker is a top multi-national pet company with a presence in 50 countries for pet lovers to share their love for pets and to hire trusted Pet Sitters with millions of nights stayed. Pet stays via PetBacker are protected by insurance with a world class support team at your side.
- What are pet owners saying about Marian?
Marian has 7 repeated customers with 74 completed bookings. One of the latest verified review left by a satisfied Pet Owner is: "So happy with our furry kids staying with her. Also convenient that we dont need to bring litter, only food and passport. Everyday there is video about how the cats doing and the cats seems to love her as well. Hopefully in the future we can have her service again. Thank you so much! ❤️❤️❤️"
- Is booking Marian on PetBacker safe?
When you book and pay via PetBacker, PetBacker protects you and your pet with payment protection, pet injury insurance, GPS dog walk reports, daily photo and video reports to ensure a job well done. Reviews by previous pet owners after job completion are transparent to help with your hiring decision.