(Get 5 prices from nearby pet groomers in moments)
Grooming is a vital part of the well-being and health of a dog which can improve their lifespan. All breeds require daily grooming, the amount of which depends on the breed, age, or health of the pet. Regular grooming helps to ensure the dog is healthy and comfortable.
The main reasons for daily grooming include:
- decreased chance of various health problems, such as thrush, scratches, and other skin problems
- and make the dog look pretty
- general cleanliness of the dog
- monitoring of the dog's health by checking for cuts, heat, swelling, lameness, or changes in temperament, all of which could be indicative of illness
- reducing infestation load of external parasites on skin.
A normal complete Dog Grooming Services in 10 steps:
- Thorough combing and/or brushing;
- Cutting and Filing of the nails (“Pet-a-cure”);
- Plucking and/or cleaning of ears;
- Emptying the anal glands;
- Bathing with a non-allergenic shampoo;
- Thorough rinsing (Insecticidal, Skunk-Off or medicated shampoo available on request) or own shampoo;
- Conditioner bath and thorough rinsing;
- Shave and/or styling cut;
- Light perfumed coat conditioner and/or oil for the smooth coated dog.
Grooming fees vary according to the size, breed, coat type, styling cut requested and the behavior of your dog.
Extra fees will be charged for difficult de-matting of coat and/or for the difficult behaviour of your dog requiring the assistance of another person to control your dog during the grooming procedures.
Please negotiate with the pet groomer via the messaging feature in the PetBacker app before you hire the person and pay through PetBacker for your peace of mind. PetBacker will assist you in getting a few groomers to give you offers and quotes for your selection. Always engage a groomer with good reviews and more trust points instead of looking for the best price.